Working with children requires several federal and state clearances which must be obtained whether you work through ESS or directly for a school district. Requirements vary by state and your personal cost for credentialing depends on a number of factors such as whether you’ve already obtained any of these clearances. The ESS team will guide you through the process and make sure you have everything you need to work in schools!

Minimum education requirements also vary by school district and position type. Many of our permanent support staff positions require a high school diploma or GED, while a few require specific certifications or a college degree.