We can’t wait for you to join the ESS family!
Whether you’re a recent college graduate looking to work your way into a full-time teaching position, a retired teacher interested in getting back into the classroom, or anyone looking to make a positive contribution to the development of children, ESS has a place for you. With 90+ schools in the District and the need for hundreds of substitutes each day, you can work as frequently as you’d like. Many of our employees work up to 40 hours a week in the classroom!
We offer excellent employee perks, including health benefits, training, support, weekly pay, 401(k), bonus opportunities, award programs, and more. Plus, working as a substitute is extremely flexible – when, where, and how often you work is entirely up to you.
To work in Alpine School District, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass all criminal background checks
- Attend a group interview (Please contact your area manager, contact information below, to sign up for one of our group interviews.)
- Provide high school/GED or college transcripts
- Provide current Utah Teaching Certificate, if applicable
- Indicate if you are a retired Alpine Teacher on your application, if applicable
- Complete pre-employment training
If you do not have a current Background check with Alpine School District, please click here to schedule an appointment to complete your background check. If you have worked or volunteered in Alpine School District previously, your background check may be current. To confirm that your background and fingerprints are still current, please call the Alpine Background Check Office at 801.610.8586.
Pay rates vary based on education level, licensure status, and the assignment that you accept. For more details, view our comprehensive pay rate chart.
Career Kickstart Incentive
Through the Career Kickstart Incentive, ESS will compensate new substitutes and support staff for some of the costs required to get properly credentialed. Visit Kickstart.ESS.com for full program details.
Refer a friend, make $100.
If you know someone who would make an excellent substitute teacher or support staff member, we want to hear from you! Through the ESS Refer a Friend program, we’ll pay you $100 for every eligible friend you refer to help support our schools and students. If your friend applies, gets hired, and meets the eligibility requirements, you’ll receive a $100 gift card. Visit Refer.ESS.com to get started!
Eligible substitutes who work 13 full day assignments in either Alpine or Provo City SD Between 05/04/2023 and 05/25/2023 will receive extra raffle tickets to the Substitute appreciation event Summer Bash on June 5th to enter to win your choice of prizes.
- Earn 2 tickets for each full day assignment worked from 05/04/2023-05/25/2023
- Work 5 full day assignments get 10 additional tickets (30 total)
- Work 10 full day assignments get an additional 20 tickets (40 total)
- Work all 13 days get 30 additional tickets and 10 tickets for an incentive exclusive item. (56 total your choice of prize tickets and 10 exclusive tickets)
Raffle items include things like:
- Krispy Kreme
- Fan X
- Paradise Massage
- Euphoric Massage
- Visons of You Beauty Bar
- Barratt Lawn Care
- Cassie Lee Photography
- Dukes Paddle Board Rental
- Pallet Furniture items
- Stay Frosty Cupcake Bouquet
- Stevens Dog Training
- Water Lantern Festival
- Red Lobster
- Apple Bees
- Chick Fil-A
- Zao Asian
Substitute Appreciation Summer Bash
Join us on Monday, June 5th from 11-3 pm.
Show Up for Teachers
First Lady Abby Cox invites you to help out with her conference Sign Up for Teachers.
- July 18, 2023- Set up for conference
- July 19, 2023- Day of conference
Call us at 801.341.0766
Alpine Admin Office
575 N 100 E, American Fork, UT 84043
801.341.0766 | 2901 W. Bluegrass Blvd., Suite #200, Lehi, UT 84043
Lehi Office Hours
Monday – Friday | 7:00 am – 3:00 pm